Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Interview with author: Tracey Kitts

Author: Tracey Kitts
Website Link
Current Release: Wicked City
Purchase Wicked City here.

 

Interview:
RBS:
Tell us a little about yourself.

Tracey: Hmm. I’m never sure how to answer this. I love gothic romances. Werewolves, vampires, anything like that is right up my alley. I also love to cook Italian while listening to R&B and drinking too much. LOL Oh, and I’m a kickboxer. Weird, I know.

RBS: How old were you when you first decided to sit down and write your first book?

Tracey: *smiles* I’d rather not tell my age, but it was just 2 ½ years ago. LOL

RBS: What was your first novel ever published, be it e-book or print?

Tracey: Yes. My first novel is called Red. It’s the first in my Lilith Mercury: Werewolf Hunter Series. It’s available in both print and ebook. The first three chapters are posted as a free read on my website. www.traceyhkitts.com

RBS: It can be difficult to get a book published. Who or what was the greatest encouragement you had during the non-published times?

Tracey: Honestly, I was very lucky. I had a contract on Red within five months of finishing it. But, that doesn’t mean there haven’t been hard times in the past two years since I’ve been published. Plenty in fact. If it wasn’t for my friend Priscilla, I’d probably be in a padded cell by now. Love you, Cilla!

RBS: What is your favorite genre to write? Why?

Tracey: I love to write paranormal romance because it’s what I love to read. Dracula (which I still say is romantic) is one of my all-time favorite books.

RBS: Tell us about your current release? 

Tracey: My current release is called Wicked City. A sexy wizard gets mixed up with a succubus. There’s dark magic, hot vampires, a bad ass werewolf, a club whose name translates to “Bloodsucker,” and a Leviathan that circles the city in the sky. Strange enough for you? LOL

Here’s the blurb:


In a city called Wicked, nothing was as tempting as Synn.

He might be her enemy, but she could have this night. In the darkness he could be hers and with the light of dawn, no one would know what had passed between them in the night.

RBS: Who or what were your influences when you begin to write your newest release?

Tracey: Honestly? I was listening to Rod Stewart and watching The Dark Knight. Maybe Batman and Joker somehow conjured the image of Synn? I’m not sure. I get inspired all the time and often find no connection whatsoever with what I’m doing. I’m still a daydreamer. Guess my head stays in the clouds some days. As for the Rod Stewart thing …When it comes to writing love scenes … sometimes I just gotta hear Tonight’s the Night. 

RBS:: What is a typical writing day look like for you?

Tracey: LOL None of my days are typical. I also work a part-time job plus I have a family. I like to write every day when I’m working on something knew, but that rarely happens. If I do get a day to myself: All I need is coffee, comfortable pjs and a few hours with my thoughts. I can easily write 10 pages in an hour, sometimes less if it’s really flowing. My problem is finding the time.

RBS: Do you have a favorite hero from one of your books? What is it about him that makes him stand out?

Tracey: That’s a tough one. It’s a tie between Marco and Dracula. (Yes, I wrote my own version of Dracula. He’s in the werewolf hunter series. So is Marco.) Marco, because he was the first one I ever wrote about. And, he started out as the villain. Dracula, simply because I’ve been fantasizing about him since I was twelve. hahaha

RBS: Do you have a favorite heroine from one of your books? What is it about her that makes her stand out?

Tracey: Probably Lilith, from the same series. Lilith is a lot like me. She channels my dark side. There’s a little bit of me in every character I write, be they male or female. Lilith is just a lot more like me than the rest.

RBS: Who is your favorite author? Did they give you any kind of inspiration in your own writing?

Tracey: I really don’t have a favorite. I enjoy a variety of authors, but the classics are hard to beat. I love Edgar Allen Poe and I still think Shakespeare is the language of love. Sappy, but true. A few of my characters even quote him from time to time.

RBS: What's coming up on your book schedule in the next year?

Tracey:Well, Wicked City came out in February. Plus, I’m currently working on three titles. One will be book five in the Lilith Mercury series. It’s called A Dream Forbidden. The next is a paranormal romance called Sex Symbol. Plus, I’m working on a paranormal/sci-fi romance called The Night Shift.

A Dream Forbidden is complete except for one more self-edit. The others I hope to complete during the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Comments Here: