Thursday, February 26, 2009

Brotherhood of Blood vampire series

Night After Night
Author: Kathryn Smith
Series Connection: Brotherhood of Blood
ISBN: 978-0061632709
Genre: Historical/Vampire/Paranormal

YYYY

Description:
Centuries ago, this magnificent chalice sealed my fate as a vampire, and now I am its protector. Many have hunted me for it, but only Vivian has accomplished the task. Strong, lovely, haunted . . . I am more attracted to her than I should be, yet her loyalty lies with a man determined to bring about my destruction. But I am not so easily locked in a cage, and now the captive has become the captor.

Though her stormy eyes tempt me, there is too much at stake—not merely my life, but the lives of my vampire Brotherhood. And I am not above using Vivian to achieve my goals, even if it means denying my own heart. The battle to end all battles is just beginning, and I must fight . . . if I could only let my desire be damned.”

My View:
The really truly exciting thing about books is that anything is possible in them. Authors can find myths and tales we learn from childhood and bring them to life by adding their own imagination. In Night After Night, Kathryn Smith tells her tale well. The book tells the stories of vampires and angels, even adding a little imagination to figures related to in the bible, in hopes of adding proof to the existence of vampires.

This book brings us to 1899 Europe, where a vampire, Temple, is being held by Vivian. Temple cannot resist Vivian and after taking a taste of her blood realizes she is more than just a mere mortal. Vivian on the other hand is worried, because she realizes she is attracted to the vampire and that can't happen. She fears she is betraying a man who has been like a father to her, Rupert.

When Rupert sets a trap for some of Temple's friends in the Brotherhood, Temple realizes he must escape and help his friends before it is too late. When he does get free Rupert sends Vivian to follow him, even telling her exactly where Temple will go. Rupert wants Vivian to seduce Temple and make him believe that she is totally his so that he can keep Temple occupied while Rupert closes in for the kill.

As the Temple and Vivian grow closer and Vivian learns more about Temple and herself she worries more and more about what she's doing. Temple finds he can not control his desire for this one woman, but he must in order to help his brothers. Even though neither trusts the other's motives they still manage to fall in love. There are some pitfalls to the story, but it still actually works really well. The ending has a nice twist that readers will enjoy. This is the first one in this series that I've written and I will be definitely back tracking to see what I missed in the other stories.
Romance book review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Comments Here: