Thursday, March 3, 2011

Views from a castle in Lori Handeland's Moon Cursed

 While reading Moon Cursed by Lori Handeland, I have been getting quite an education on the Loch Ness Monster. Of course, I've heard of the story behind the creature that lives in Loch Ness Lake, otherwise known by the locals as "Nessie", but reading Lori's version has inspired me to do some research on my own.

The author, in this case, has really been doing her homework. The descriptions of the area and towns around the area are well written and pretty much sound like the Loch Ness area.

The above pictures are a castle, Lori Handeland writes about in her book. It is called Urquart Castle and sits right on Loch Ness Lake. The castle is in ruins as you can see from the photos. What a great setting for a supense novel.

I've never really had a desire to go to Scotland or do any research about the Loch Ness Monster, but after reading a few chapters of Lori Handeland's Moon Cursed, I'm thinking it might be a fun trip.

Of course, I'll have to plan a lot of time and get a really good camera, because I have a feeling it would be a trip of a life time with a lot of great places to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Comments Here: