Sunday, April 13, 2014

Romance Book Review: Eve Langlais' Two's a Couple, Three's the Law

Author: Eve Langlais
ISBN:978– 1– 927459– 45-4
Genre: Urban Fantasy, Romance
Publisher: Eve Langlais

Purchase Link: Amazon

The world has changed since Chloe was born. There are more men then women and the law is now encouraging menage relationships. She even has two dads, although the law wasn't around when they first met, it just worked out good for her parents in the in end. Chloe however isn't really looking for two men, as a matter of fact after the end of her last relationship she isn't looking for any men at all. That is until two men set their sights on her.

First there is her new client werewolf Pete. Pete is sexy beyond belief, however Chloe doesn't do clients. Then suddenly her nemesis in the courtroom Anthony decides he's interested. She should really hate Anthony shouldn't she? She keeps losing to him in court.

Both men are really persistent and even when they find out about each other they still keep pursuing her.

Chloe's life is about to get really complicated. Everyone knows that werewolves exist, but suddenly paranormals are coming out of the woodwork. Everything from Pete's neighbor who is a witch to vampires to demons. To make matters worse Chloe can't keep away from either of the two men that are pursuing her.

This story is set in the first person. In some ways I think it would have been done better in the third person point of view. I liked the over all setting and story line. There were some cute and funny scenes from sarcastic Chloe and I loved werewolf Pete. Anthony wasn't exactly one of my favorite characters. I found that there were times when the book slowed down a little and I wanted to hear a little more about the subplot. I felt it didn't quite end. I don't know if this is going to be a series or a second book maybe featuring the BFF, however it would be nice especially if it continued and ended the story line in the subplot.

Description:

Forget the single life. In the space of one day, I went from no guys in my life to too many. And neither of them is human. What's a poor girl to do?

According to my best friend, both of them. It is the law after all. 

But I'm not ready to settle down in a threesome even if the tax breaks are awesome. Just like I don't want to get involved in the investigation surrounding the gory murder of some supposed witches.

I guess a girl can't always get what she wants--but boy, do my two suitors know how to give me what I need.

Warning: This story contains adult subject matter and language that is probably not suitable for anyone. This is an Urban Fantasy, Werewolf/Vampire Romance (MFM) sprinkled liberally with sarcasm and humor. It may induce giggling and snorting. Reader discretion is advised.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Comments Here: