Friday, February 13, 2009

Caught offers romance between two PIs

Caught
Author: Jami Alden
Series: Gemini Men Book 1
ISBN: 978-0-7582-2546-7

♥ ♥ ♥

Description:
Got an investigation situation? Call the Gemini Men: Ethan and Derek Taggart. Yeah, they’re twins. Double the trouble and twice as sexy—women can’t get enough of them or their older brother Danny, who keeps ‘em in line when things get wild. The three Taggart men are hot, hard, and ready to take on all comers…

Ex-military. Tall. Chiseled. Intelligent and arrogant. And so hot he’s on fire. That’s Ethan Taggart. Male to the max. Toni Crawford, computer genius turned PI, can’t stop looking at him and Ethan’s returning the favor. Nice and slow. Those piercing blue eyes of his are about to melt her down but…nothing doing. Toni has to stay cool. Focus on the assignment: the teenage daughter of a multimillionaire just vanished in plain sight. Chasing down leads, investigating every freaky angle, pushing past the boundaries of a hellish underworld of sex and drugs, Ethan and Toni are forced to work closely to stalk an unseen enemy with a taste for cruel games. Risking their lives to save the missing girl is only half the battle. Their blazingly sensual attraction grows every second, until there’s no turning back. Their passion is about to explode…and Ethan and Toni soon find that danger breeds the hottest desire of all…

My View:
To be honest I started this book a couple of months back and then put it down after the first chapter. I'm not really sure what I didn't like about it, but it just didn't catch my attention at first. That happens sometimes, so I put it down and happen to leave it on my night stand. Today I picked it up again and started from where I left off. I won't say I couldn't put it down because it was so exciting, but I had some time on my hands and just kept reading.

Caught is listed as romantic thriller, but honestly I didn't catch the thrilling part. Pretty much it was a nice romantic read. The two lead characters were likable enough and of course they are attracted to each other. The mystery in the story has a lot of detail, but easy enough to keep everything straight. As the beginning of a series readers get to meet the other players in future reads, which were rough around the edges, but not all that appealing yet, maybe they will do better in their own book. All and all this was just an okay book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Comments Here: