Thursday, December 30, 2010

Romance Book Review: Last Dragon Standing

Author: G.A. Aiken
Series Connection: Dragon Kin
ISBN-13: 978-1420108880
Genre: Paranormal/ Shapeshifter/ Fantasy
Publisher: Kensington Zebra


Click here to purchase this book through Amazon

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

The story of the Dragon Kin continues with the Keita the youngest daughter of the Queen and Ragnar the Northerland warrior. Two years ago Ragnar rescued Keita from his father, but she doesn't quite see it that way when Ragnar tries to barter Keita's freedom with the Queen.

Now Ragnar is saying the Princess again and once again the Princess fails to appreciate his help.

The Queen enlists both Keita and Ragnar's help which runs along in conjunction with a whole series of events in hopes to stop an upcoming war.

This book isn't quite as humorous as most of the author's previous books, but aside from being a little slow in the beginning this book is extremely well written and filled with some great action scenes. The story brings back all the old familiar characters including Annwyl the Bloody, human queen, Fearghus the first son of the Dragon Queen and even Gwenvael the Handsome.

Description:
I know what they see when they look at me. The charming, soft-spoken dragoness bred from the most powerful of royal bloodlines. A disguise stronger than any battle shield that allows me to keep all suitors at tail's length. A technique that's worked until him. Until Ragnar the Cunning, handsome barbarian warlord and warrior mage from the desolate Northlands. Unlike those who've come before him, he does not simply submit to my astounding charm and devastating smile. Instead, he dismisses me as vapid, useless and, to my great annoyance, rather stupid!

Yet I'll allow no male to dismiss me. Soon he'll learn my worth, my many skills, and the strength of my will. For this one challenges me enough to make me want to ruthlessly taunt him, tease him and, finally, when the trap is set, bring him to his knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Comments Here: