Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Let the fun begin

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to sunny Southern California! Or at least that's where I am.

This week I'm attending the Romance Writers of America  (RWA) National Conference in Anaheim, California, so I thought I'd do my blog a little different and feature authors who I hope to be seeing at the conference.

This will be the first conference I've attended since I joined RWA a couple of years ago. I've dragged my husband and son along for the drive. They aren't going to be attending the conference, but have found their own fun ideas for the week.

We live in the San Francisco Bay Area so we decided to take the drive down to Southern California, bypassing the quick way of I-5 and taking the scenic route of Highway 101 and Highway 1. One of my favorite  cities to visit in California is Pismo Beach, so we stopped in and had lunch at Mo's BBQ, which is by far one of the best BBQ places in the state. 

Anyway, we grabbed some lunch and some photos and had a great time and got back on the road. 

LA traffic being what it is the ride all and all took us about 12 hours, with a couple of hour stop over in Pismo. 

Tomorrow at the RWA Conference starts off with a 2012 Readers for Life Literacy Autographing in the evening. All the money raised from the authors signing their books goes to ProLiteracy Worldwide and local literacy organizations. Since 1990, RWA has raised more than $716,000 for the cause.

There will be literally hundreds of authors there with several NY Times and USA Today best sellers. 

I'm hoping to get Maya Banks, Nora Roberts and Jayne Ann Krentz to sign their current books. If there is time I'll collect a few more from my list. I've enlisted my husband to wait on a few lines for me just in case there are a lot of people attending. This event is open not only to those who are attending the event, but also the general public.

For todays book, I've picked Maya Bank's new racy romance...

Echoes at Dawn
Series Connection: KGI 
ISBN: 978-0425250860
Purchase this book here
The Kelly Group International (KGI): A super elite, top secret, family-run business.
Qualifications: High intelligence, rock hard body, military background.
Mission: Hostage/kidnap victim recovery. Intelligence gathering. Handling jobs the US government can’t…
They live by night.
Grace Peterson is desperate, in hiding, and on the run after escaping a shadowy group determined to exploit her extraordinary ability to heal others. Her only lifeline—an unerring telepathic ability she shares with her sister—has been severed, leaving her alone and vulnerable. And time is fast running out...
Enlisted to bring Grace home is Rio, relentless member of the KGI. He’s unprepared for his reaction to this wounded, damaged woman, and he’s fiercely determined to protect her from those who nearly destroyed her. In Rio, she finds a safe haven, and for the first time...hope. But the mission is far from over. The danger Grace has eluded is fast closing in. And now it’s pitching two lovers toward an unfamiliar horizon, with no place left to hide.

* * * * *
This should be a really fun week and I'm looking forward to making new friends, attending workshops and learning more about the romance world. Hopefully I'll be able to blog about who I've seen and post some pictures of the different authors so keep checking in and see if I've seen some of your favorites too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Comments Here: