Wednesday, July 25, 2012

RWA 2012 "Readers for Life" Literacy Autographing

This evening the Romance Writers of America presented the 2012 "Readers for Life" Literacy Autographing. 456 Romance Writers of America authors attended the event to sign their name to books they donated to the cause, pause for pictures with attendees and answer hundreds of questions about their books.

The money raised at this open to the public event went to pay for Literacy programs.

I purchased seven books for the event including:
In Too Deep by Jayne Ann Krentz
Shades of Desire by Virna DePaul
Echoes at Dawn by Maya Banks
A Blood Seduction by Pamela Palmer
Sleepwalker by Karen Robards
Blazing Bedtime Stories by Tawny Webber (and Rhonda Nelson)
At Last by Jill Shalvis

A couple of the books I already had, but these at the books the authors brought so if I wanted the autographs, well then I get another copy.

It was really fun getting to see some of my favorite authors. I've posted photos of the event on my facebook site.

Here are a few for the fun of it.

Karen Robards and Me

Pamela Palmer and Me
Tawny Webber and Me

Books I purchased
Tomorrow the fun really begins. There will be hundreds or writer's workshops to choose from, a lot of social activities and more opportunities to meet my favorite authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Comments Here: